A good music video can really help you get more gigs, engage with your target audiences and make your music a lot more popular. The tips below will assist you in creating a good music video without breaking the bank.
- Two cameras are a must – If you’re on a budget opt for two cheap cameras, but this does mean that you will have to shoot in lesser quality. This is not always a bad thing, since once your video is uploaded it would have to be compressed. The great thing about using multiple cameras, is the ability to shoot different angles and have a backup recording just in case you loose footage.
- Lighting – Good lighting is vital, since video generally records darker than real life. If the video is shot outside during the day, choose a clear sunny day. If you are shooting at night, include a few extra lights if lighting is dim.
- Audio quality – Audio quality is needed for a successful music video. If you can’t afford buying good quality mics, you can rent them for a fraction of the cost. Stay clear of built in camera mics, since the audio tends to be echo-y.
- Editing – Basic editing software is sufficient and available for Mac (iMovie) and PC (Movie Maker). If you are unsure on how to use such software, online video tutorials are freely available.
- Resize your video – Once you have created your video, you may find that the file size is rather large. Compress them to a image size and quality you think is acceptable. The software mentioned above, will guide you on the quality suitable for web or DVD.